View Single Post
Old 06-14-2009, 09:27 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,902

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finfeatherfur View Post
On another note, if anyone ever gets stung by a ray, jelly fish, or hardhead, do not use ice on the wound. That will only increase the pain. I know this goes against everything your parents did when you grew up, but you will just have to trust me. After 13 years as a paramedic, heat will give almost immediate relief to the wound area. Now, I know nobody carries a microwave on their boat to heat up some water, but I carry the heat packs used during hunting season to keep your hands warm. These little things have saved many trips when someone gets popped by a jelly fish or hardhead. I also carry a kit with suture material and Lidocaine vials w/ syringes which makes hook removals and minor lacerations an easy fix out in the field. Hope this helps, and remember - failing to prepare is preparing for failure!

i got a hook shoved pretty far in my hand (all was sticking out was the straight part) anyways, went to the e.r and i asked if he was gunna numb it or pull the barb out the other side and cut the barb, he said the best was is just too..he didnt finish his sentence, instead he ripped it clean out of my hand. so your boy stepped on it? dang thats gotta hurt.