View Single Post
Old 06-28-2012, 09:09 AM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smalls View Post
I never said I wanted him to admit he was wrong. I'm not about all that, only reason I said anything ever about winning was in counter to waltrip. I was just making a point that you can't have a constructive conversation without people hijacking the thread and making their comments about waltrip or whoever it may be at the time. I'm not asking anyone to do anything. Just saying, if you don't have anything constructive to add to a conversation, don't say anything. That's how life works ain't it? But this isn't life, now is it?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
Despite the childish fighting that a few brought to the table, I think you brought up some really good points and you more than likely educated many people on here that may just lurk and others that may not have posted on this thread. You probably changed a few minds about the weirs

Emans post above is just another example of what happens when saltwater gets into a system where its wasn't historically. In SE La, what is now wide open water is what was once land, land that was firm ground and had deer running on it, now its 2 feet of water and mud bottom. This is where the problem of 'navigable waterways' came up a few years ago, and everyone was upset that the water is navigable, but you will get ran out if you are caught fishing/hunting there. What once was someones hunting land is now underwater, I don't think people would want to see that at places like Sabine NWR and Lacassine NWR. Open water isn't nearly as productive as marsh