View Single Post
Old 10-22-2014, 08:08 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,044

It's addictive and gets expensive quick. I use to shoot nsca shoots all the time. It's a lot of fun but doesn't have a whole lot of pay unless sponsors are involved and you are very good. Young guns are welcome on most shoots besides the oilfield ones. I think my little brother was 9 when he shot the US open held at Cajun elite. Hawk is one of the best around town and he knows his stuff. Corey Cruz is another one that is very good and gave private lessons. Like someone said above its a game of inches. I've seen guys that hold records in Argentina for doves but are not very good when they get on the sporting clay field. For a starter choke always go with cylinder or improved cylinder. The pros for the most part shoot modified. I always shot 7 1/2 size shot. You will be presented 2 targets at each station either a true pair or report pair. You are only allowed 2 shells in the gun at a time. Chamber must be open at all times when not in the station. Ear and eye protection will have to be worn for whoever is on the range. Each round is 100 targets so bring plenty of shells with a gun with little recoil. If you go out there with a 870 you will feel a sore shoulder the next day. Relax, have fun and its all in reading what the target is doing.