View Single Post
Old 12-18-2015, 10:29 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 959

Well, today we mostly cleaned up the loose ends from yesterday, but here’s a pair of pictures. This is a picture of the rough cut foam where the fuel tank sits. I didn’t want it sitting on the hull because I wanted the bilge to be free flowing, so I raised it up 3 inches in the back and 6 inches in the front from the floor, and then we built this cradle for it to sit in. We got this all finished with glass before we put the tank in for the final time and the tank is in there really snug. We then put a good filet of thickened resin around the tank so that it can't vibrate and wear any holes. It is in there very solid now, but here's the shot before we put the tank in so you can see what it sits on.

And then we got out the sandpaper and cleaned up the gunnels that were very rough when we finished yesterday. Tomorrow the gunnels will be glassed in by noon, today it was mostly just sanding and cutting and shaping all day. We have the gunnel completely built now all the way around, including the transom, and all glassed in on the bottom. We also sanded down 6 inches onto the outside of the full to tie it in to the hull, tomorrow this'll be done!