View Single Post
Old 12-27-2015, 02:43 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 959

Just seems to be a whole lot of little things. We got another piece of floor in the back done. The very last piece we added a lot of crown to, so it'll drain fast. We have a 1 inch crown 2 feet from the transom and then that goes to a 2 inch crown in those last two feet. Normally that would be too much, but the middle is going to be a live well for 18 inches, so you won't walk on the crown, it's just for the very last of the deck water management.

To get the crown right, we added some foam on top of the stringers in the back.

You can also see in that picture above we are just starting to build the stainless support that we use to hold the steering piston and the top of the rudder. We have this same system on the other 3 boats and I really like it because when you are done, there is NO play in the rudder, which helps the fishing. Stray noises are the enemy of good fishing boats, the foam will help with some of the noises, but it's always better to start with less noises.

Here's a shot of the holes in the transom. We couldn't make them 100% even because of the stringer on the inside, but this will be glued in with thickened resin on the inside, has 6 bolts and then we'll put a layer of glass over the support on the inside as well so there is 0 movemment.

And then we put in another one of the deck hatches. This one is where the life vests will go. The square on the right is nothing, that is where they set down a piece of plywood that had compound on it. There will be another hatch that will go to the right of this one, and that will be to the ice chest, but it's going to be in line with this one. It's drying right now, we have it in the mold.

And then we are finally getting rid of those ugly square vents in the side of the boat. I put those in a long time ago and first put in SS chrome vents, but they started rusting and then I put in plastic vents and they broke. So now, I'm taking those out all together and I'm going to do a small oval in the back by the tail pipe and I'm going to use a squirrel cage blower to vent the motor by the tailpipe. I always am worried about keeping the boat upwind from the tailpipe, and when there is a motor breather on the side of the boat, i always try to keep the customers up wind of that as well. With the tailpipe and the motor breather on the same side of the boat in the back, that'll be alot easier to make sure everybody is breathing fresh air.

And then all the bridge wings here have a part on top where they are thicker. It looks funny now because of the different colors, but when it's all the same color, you won't notice. I don't think it looks better this way, and if when we gelcoat it, if I don't like it I'll grind it back off. The thicker top gives it a lot more strength, I just don't know if it needs it. We'll see