Thread: 4-19-17
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2017, 11:58 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 6,228
Default 4-19-17

Got back on the reef in blacklake this am by 630. Made two long drifts. Five trout boxed and a few pickles released. Water look more fresh and definitely wasn't as clear. Idk black lake all that good but I guess it's possible the strong winds since Sunday made the water little muddy. Still fishable though. Either they were not there or just didn't want to eat. My cranking battery went out after running areator and depthfinder and working the power pole up and down just to fish a spot a little harder and longer and almost didn't crank it up. Ran around a bit a stopped one more time and it was fresh and battery has dead cell now so decided to come on in. Probably could of hooked up to a trolling battery but the bite just wasn't there and I wasn't gonna fish til 2-4 pm when I'm thinking maybe could of got a better bite anyway so high tailed it back to launch around 1000. My cousin got a qt and a half of shrimp and that hurt a little throwing them back in water, lol. But if u caught lots of fish all the time it be called catching instead of fishing..... I like both but catching is more fun! No pics. Five trout with largest being 17" and smallest 13". Good outgoing tide early. Idk. A lot more boats in there today running around but I'm thinking they were struggling too. If battery hadn't went out I may have went to south bank in big lake but talked to a couple guides that struggled in that area yesterday.