View Single Post
Old 07-10-2014, 07:17 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckingFastard View Post
i just dont understand how it possible for them to do all of this... i honestly dont know where to start. its just all b s and looks like nothing is gonna change.
I think we need to mull this over for another day or two, while considering whether and how to call for an ongoing and more effective Boycott of the S.T.A.R. Tournament now that CCA has had ample opportunity to address angler concerns.

Certainly, we need to reach out to a broader base of anglers to expand the boycott next year. But we might also consider how we might effectively reach out to CCA sponsors and participating businesses (sign-up locations and weigh stations). Since it may well cost participating businesses some business to join the boycott, effective outreach here will require tact and care and likely an ongoing effort to make them well informed regarding the justifications for the boycott and what we hope to accomplish by it. We may also need to try and effectively steer boycott participants to local businesses that are willing to join the boycott efforts.

Please give some consideration to how the boycott might be effectively expanded next year. The key to making these efforts effective in the long term is reducing CCA's influence with LDWF and LWC. The license fee increase hasn't passed yet, even though CCA supported it. I also think CCA's credibility has taken a hit with local anglers, with LWC, and with LDWF.

I would be much more discouraged if CCA had gained 100 new members last night.