Thread: help
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2014, 07:29 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

Quote:
Originally Posted by keakar View Post
this is one my friend gave me and I cant cook but it comes out unbelievably good and its easy to do.

as to only 4 people well that's on you to figure out how to reduce the amounts but I suggest you follow the recipe and put half in the freezer for later.

Pugnut's Jambalaya

Ingredients:

· 2-3 lb cut up pork meat or pork roast (boston butt) (you need the fat)
· 1-1 1/2 lb (4 links) smoked sausage (cut 1/4" thick slices then cut in half)
· 1 lb (2-3 links) andouille sausage (cut 1/4" thick slices then cut in half)
· 2-3 large yellow onions (chopped) (about 2-3 cups)
· 2 cups shallots (chopped)
· 1 large or 2 medium green bell pepper (chopped)
· 2-3 heaping tablespoons minced garlic
· 1 regular can brown beef gravy
· 1 regular 15 oz can chopped / diced tomatoes (with juices)
· 1 regular 15 oz can chopped mushrooms pieces (without juices)
· 1 regular 15 oz can tomato sauce (not the paste)
· 3 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
· 4 level teaspoon Black pepper
· 4 level teaspoon Salt
· 4 cups long grain white rice (2 lb bag)
· 5 cups water
· 2-3 teaspoons Kitchen bouquet (just for color)

Directions:
If you have a whole pork roast then its a lot easier to cut up uniformly if you first cut it in half long ways or separate into a few fist sized sections for even coking and bake it in a pre-heated oven for about 45 minutes @ 350* but you do NOT want to cook it beyond medium rare.

Brown the cut up pork meat in a large gumbo pot on high heat to finish cooking until its browned and no longer pink. Then add the onions, garlic, and shallots and simmer on medium heat until the onions turn clear. now add everything else into pot except the rice and Kitchen Bouquet and continue to cook on medium heat for 20 minutes stirring frequently.

Now add the Kitchen Bouquet and turn on high heat bringing to a rapid boil while stirring constantly. Now add the rice and reduce to medium heat and stir constantly to prevent sticking. when all the water is gone (you can see the dry bottom when jambalaya is pulled to the side with spoon)

then cover the pot and put it into a preheated oven @ 350 degrees for 45 minutes and then It's ready to eat.