Thread: Rate Yoself
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2012, 10:53 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

Take the kids fishing!

My younger son loves fishing, even if we only catch one walleye. My older son is more enamored with the bigger fish and can get bored more quickly. My younger daughter also needs lots of action to keep her happy. My older daughter (almost 16) might just have grown out of fishing. She insists that hearing a fish rapidly pulling out line as the drag sings its song no longer holds any excitement for her. We'll see when we get to Grand Isle. When bottom fishing with crab, we like to count to six as the fish pulls out drag and there's nothing like that six count to get the adrenaline pumping before tightening up the drag and beginning the fight!

I've had a busy spring and between work, weather, and other commitments been doing more dreaming and prepping gear than fishing. My boss was kind enough to give me the day off Friday so I'll be chasing trout on one of the Colorado reservoirs with two of my kids. We'll be back after them on Sunday, weather permitting. We're giving away trout fillets to our neighbors to make room for this year's harvest!!!