View Single Post
Old 08-31-2016, 09:16 AM
Flounder

Cash: 320

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
If i am in ANY accident LEO will be called. Reason? i had worked a very hard 16 hr shift and was coming home. Sitting at a red light i nodded off let my foot off the brake rolled forward and bumped the car in front of me. i did damage the bumper a bit so we exchanged info . i went home and after sleeping called the number to arrange to pay for bumper. .No answer tried a couple more times no answer a few weeks latter i get served papers. being sued for pain an suffering loss of income etc. Only thing that saved my butt was a friend that knew the woman and worked with her. he documented her doing her job and gave it all to my lawyer. when her lawyer saw the video he told her to accept payment for the bumper and move on.

This is spot on. I'm calling the cops. My wife is a court reporter, non courtroom stuff, traveling to take deposition for personal injury and such. She comes in everyday with the most crazy stories you can think of. Every lawyer she's ever worked with has told her, call the cops no matter what happens or who's fault it is. They're going to sue. You'd be shocked if you knew half the scams and bs that goes on.