View Single Post
Old 08-18-2010, 09:03 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray View Post
My whole family had the same agent. My policies were 20 years old, my older sisters and
my dads were for longer than that. He is no longer living, but his agency is still going.
He would not help in any way. He said it was out of his hands. The adjusters did their
thing, my dad asked for them to check it out again, so they did. Gave a little more $$$,
but wouldn't pay the amount of damage for wind. Even though wind was supposed to
be covered. My dad and my little sister had to hire a lawyer to get their money.
When you hire a contractor ask them if they have assignment of proceeds policies. This basically allows the contractor to go after the insurance co. when they short-change the bill. This basically allows the contractor to represent you in court and keeps you from having to be there.

Short-changing is becoming evermore present in collision and this, while fairly new, seems to be working rather well for the shops. Raymond may have some insight on this and how it works in home claims situations.