View Single Post
Old 05-08-2012, 08:12 AM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
Well I like the CCA......I voice what I feel I need to and some like it and some don’t but I really don’t care because I just tell it how I see it.

Now that I know the Funds are coming from a Reef Fund I feel a lot better about this project. Do we need extra 20K on future research???? Not really but what do I know I just fish...

Over all CCA has done a great job at getting things done for us as fisherman..... Do I like the BIG MONEY GUYS RUNNING IT as Board Members ...NO I don’t because most never spend any time on our waters to even know what we lack...they go by hearsay and we all have hearsay....

Guides like 15 trout limits because that less time they have on the water..... Smart fisherman know it’s killing our overall size

Board members hear the oyster boats are killing the reefs......Fishermen like myself have gotten out and walked them....and dragged them and watched oyster boats dump shell on banks.....

There is the difference between a guy who sits in an office all day and one who knows W T F is going on
This future research is probably not what you are thinking it will be. Future research can be just riding out to the reef and checking on it from time to time, taking samples. (This isn't free, there is fuel, supplies, equipment, salaries, etc.), and if they just dumped some concrete in the water and never went back out to check on things, then you would hear people crying about that and this way they can monitor the production of the reefs so when someone asks 'what good are these things anyway' they can at least show some data to back it up, and if the data suggests that the reefs are doing something, then more funding may come along and more artifiical reefs built that can't be harvested and before long everyone lives happily ever after