View Single Post
Old 06-25-2012, 12:22 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,978

I would make your decision based on the bloodline of the parents. I breed blacks. I have 3 females and have had all colors. Many prefer the Black dominent gene and say that there are less genetic faults in the Black on Black blood. However, I know lots of people with great chocs and yellows. I assume this would be just a hunting dog. Make sure both of their hips are certified etc.. Ask about any genetic problems with the parents or in the bloodline. Request papers on both parents. Let someone look at them that is familiar. Try and see the pups as much as possible. Their temperment with litter mates will reflect their behavior. I have always picked the alpha which seem to be more aggresive and have more drive. An alpha will require more attention and more training. If not interested in that much drive you may want a more passive puppy that will not squirm when you put it on its back. I'm not an expert just have lots of experience and done a good bit of research. Silvers are also an off color of a chocalate. AKC registers them as chocalate. Not that there is anything wrong with them either. I would think as far as you get away from the 3 main colors the more problems you could have in the long run. Hope this helps.