View Single Post
Old 12-07-2017, 01:06 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smalls View Post
I believe this is one reason some states have banned the practice, although I don't think you would find that explicitly stated. As far as OP's question though, I do not believe there is a logical reason to explain it across the board. Is it ethics? Is it for ecological reasons such as disease transmission and increased predation caused by the concentration of animals?

It also depends on what you consider baiting. Is a sunflower field planted for doves the same as a corn feeder on a shooting lane for deer?

I believe it comes down to--in most cases--a question of what is viewed as ethical and what isn't. Some states have banned baiting anything. Federally, you cannot bait migratory birds, but for almost anything, you can plant food plots or manipulate vegetation to increase availability of food. Deer hunters talk about honing in on particular food sources. What makes a deer feeder any worse than a white oak tree that every deer within a quarter mile is going to key in on?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
You have a good point. It is a lot of grey area regarding that. You can feed deer but not ducks,doves or turkeys. I can see why the bird hunters may get pissed about that. As you brought up what is the difference between a corn feeder and a food plot. Both are there to get deer in shooting range. Lets not forget the purpose of us being there is to kill something. It can be sugar coated for arguement sake but we go there to kill. Bait or no bait the end result is the same. Unless your deer season is going as crappy as mine lol.