View Single Post
Old 08-12-2014, 04:03 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,393
Default Coastal zone opening day..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogface View Post
Agreed, nothing we can do now and I'm sure we will have good days and bad days like we always do. Like you, I hunt a lot (almost every day) and we move around a good bit. My gripe isn't with the dates it's with not using data just like the trout limits and snapper season.

I simply don't trust the data. I think there are multiple factors that show higher harvest rates early. Uneducated birds and fresh brush on blinds just to name a couple. More people are eager to get out and hunt early. If I'm not mistaken the data you mention is taking from surveys on public land only.

I've sat in on a presentation by Mr. Reynolds last year where he explained his data and reasoning for setting the seasons early. No disrespect to him or the department but I don't think the harvest data is sound. I think there is more work to be done.

Also I don't think all 213 people who sent complaints are face painters. I've heard some valid arguments from guys that know what they are doing and have been doing it a long time. The more I think about it I really don't think 7 days will be that much of a difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk mmm