View Single Post
Old 10-13-2015, 10:13 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplepeddler View Post
at 51 something usually is wrong............all the time.........LOL
I admire you guys.........the older I get the less I care to do. Summer helps me because a have a large place to keep up.......winter is okay because I duck hunt old school style.

but I can go days without really anything........

I just can't seem to get it done.

I'm not over weight per se, but I am heavier than I have ever been and stamina is just not there.

I know I will have to get off my butt sooner than later.
Thanks to threads like this to remind me
It ain't much, but I keep some free weights and grip strengtheners near the spot where I sit and watch football. My wife does the elliptical while watching her favorite programs. (I don't like the elliptical. It doesn't hurt, but it is boring.) I used to jump rope a lot for indoor exercise, but the back and joints don't allow that any more.

I've also started to ride my bike instead of sitting and watching my teens' sports practices. It didn't take too much effort to find decent bike paths (some off road) near their practice locations, so I throw my bike onto a hitch mounted bike carrier and hit the trails while playing taxi driver. It's more work to throw the kayak on top, but there's also water near most of their practice locations, and kayaking is pretty good exercise and a nice change of pace.

I actually prefer biking and kayaking in the fall, winter, and early spring.