View Single Post
Old 07-24-2015, 02:59 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,074
Default Long Day on Tiger Shoals

Headed out of ICY with the intention of fishing Tette Butte but when I got out of the pass the water was so jacked up I didn't even turn my boat to the west. As usually the 1' or less predicted sea's were 2-3's but I am still young and have the frame to support impact so I plowed my way out there to see if I could find a few fish. I arrived at the first platform around the same time as another boat but they where anchored out on the up current side so I just hooked up to the rig on the down current side. I caught about 5 fish in the first 10 minutes and then the bite slowed considerably. I fished the first platform from 7 to 10 am and think I had 10 fish. Moved on to my next stop and picked away at them but the bite was slow. All in all I fished 6 different spots over the course of 12 hours and ended up with 19. Most of them were about 18" or so with a few dinks and 2 close to 3 lbs. All of the fish were caught on Downsouth plastics in a bunch of different colors, with Nuclear Needlenose and Magic Grass being the best. The water was decent but not as pretty as it was at the beginning the month. Went out there last week and it looked horrible, it was muddy and fresh. Its was considerably better than that but there is still room for improvement. It also got worse when the tide began to fall. I didn't find them stacked up there like they were in June and the early part of this month. Looking forward to the fish moving closer to the beach and not having to hang upside down so my spine can decompress after a fishing trip.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tiger Shoals July 23.jpg (59.5 KB, 506 views)