Thread: Refuge feed
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 03:22 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,596

Well I've been on the tenn river and personally heard and seen thousands of ducks feeding and frienzying and that's pretty darn close to exactly what they sound like so you need to get out and explore nature more. Instead of just hunting(not with mojos) go to refuges and sit there and listen no talking you'll hear what they do. They get quiet when the ducks coming in get closer but the go nuts when they see em from far. And what you are referring to is a flying chuckle and they do that as they fly over food to tell other ducks they see potential food but the refuge feed call is meant to sound like a lot of ducks in a frenzy. Competition callers do nothing like that they do a cluck when they go into their bottom section of their routine not a refuge feed. Normal guys like me n u just can't sound like that many ducks I say I will practice till I can get it you say they don't do it because you can't do it and can't learn it. I work my butt off to sound like more than one duck and make it sound like my decoys are calling to ducks not me. If you sound like 1 duck then not only pull your mojos but pull every other decoy but one hen because they fly over seeing a ton of decoys but hear one and say "there something wrong here" and boom see ya. Class dismissed