View Single Post
Old 10-28-2015, 05:10 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,948

I guess you guys pissed about DU "taking our money and buying land up north" will be real pissed to know that LDWF takes tax dollars and sends them up north to Canada as well. Been doing it for over 50 years. So does every state.

Got into a big conversation on this last week. Its funny really. To each his own. I feel comfortable with where my money goes. No one has ever shown me evidence to the contrary, while I've seen plenty of where they have done work on public land down here. Everything can't be done on public land, as nice as that would be. And everything can't be done down here when you have to protect the breeding grounds. No breeding grounds, no ducks. I guess those farmers will just be nice and leave those areas alone out of the goodness of their hearts.

*****ing about money going to Canada is a new one for me though. My personal favorite has been the spreading of corn and flooding of every field up north to keep the ducks from coming down. Nevermind that agricultural production increased up north, particularly rice farming, and this was mostly because of the decrease we had down here, leaving a gap in the market.

But yeah, DU did all of that.

I'm a Delta supporter too, but if anyone believes Delta does anything in Louisiana with their money, well, don't know what to tell you. Delta is a research organization that puts money into predator management and probably not near as much into land as DU does. If any at all, and I've never seen a delta project in Louisiana.

The funny thing is, a lot of the guys that will bash DU for not helping down here are the same ones flying the CCA banner. Know quite a few of those. My FIL is one. Makes Christmas interesting.

Last edited by Smalls; 10-28-2015 at 05:28 AM.