View Single Post
Old 11-18-2015, 04:58 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 713

Quote:
Originally Posted by splac View Post
I will be going by to take a look at the 1556 are 1652 I recently purchased a 40hp 4 stroke from Kyle and he told me about the Ambush boats coming but he didn't have a set date. I held of on getting a boat until they arrived. Have heard nothing but good things about these hulls cant wait to see them. Kyle really steered me in the right direction on the 40hp 4 stroke its a strong motor. Any advice from anyone with knowledge and experience with the boat and motor set up would be appreciated on the (2) two different hulls and the 40hp 4 stroke.

I run a 556 with that same motor. I can help you with setup with either hull. I have had mine for about a year now. It is the driest hull I have ever owned. I have crossed Big Lake several times with rough seas, not a drop of water inside the boat? We didn't design for that, it just happened. They now offer quite a few new options, like a removable high deck a removable livewell with washdown system. Pretty neat stuff. When you look at the craftsmanship, you see how it compares to others. Eliminate anything but 100 gauge hulls first, then start to compare. These boats are ready to hang a motor on and go, no grinding, no beating, nothing, they are correct out of the box. They are the result of over a hundred years of knowledge between several different folks from Championship racers to perch jerkers. I can advise you on one thing first, get the "O S handles". Handy little thing helps tremendously. Ask Kyle or Gerald for my number, I have worked with them quite a bit on getting these hulls down here. And NO, I don't sell them, I don't make a cent on them. And I do not price them, that's Gerald and Kyle's business, not mine. I worked as a consultant in the design and development of this hull. I can explain every curve and keel on the boat and it's purpose. And I would not endorse junk. My soul is worth much more than any monies I could make lying about junk. Here's a video of the maiden voyage of my 556. I ran out of prop, was hitting the 6150 rev limiter the entire run.
D