View Single Post
Old 11-11-2015, 05:58 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,043

Quote:
Originally Posted by duck enticer View Post
Ouch. Someone put three pellets in one of my brand new Carver's edge drake spoons. It hasn't sunk yet, but thanks for the heads up on the paint. Looks like I am going to learn a lesson with that purchase. Should've kept my mouth shut with only one weekend under their belt.

My GHG spoons are still operable and look decent after about 5 years and leaving them out all last year. As far as Green head gear I have had problems with premature holes and leaks.

I have to speak good about the 12 cabelas Mallard decoys I bought about 10 years ago. They still look really good. And I abuse the hell out of my stuff.

Flambeau is coming along. Use to be their paint jobs were crap, but they seem to be upping their game.

Has anyone seen the Avian X greys!!! Friggin Awesome. Another level good. If I could bring myself to spend $85 on 6 decoys I would buy them.

I love the game winner blue wing teal decoys with the red eyes. Go China!

The avian x's are awesome, but the gads aren't really any better looking than the GHG pro grades (not too big of a price difference either). If you had to pack decoys in and out every time you hunt, I would save my money and buy Avians. 6 of the GHG's weigh more than a dozen of the Avian X's. My little brother has been slowly buying avians over the past year and only hunted last season with some, they've held up 100% so far, but we'll see on the durability after a few more seasons.