View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 03:17 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

Opening day last year in a spot I have never seen a 'sole' had one gobbling and he is with hens just gobbling, strutting, and having a good time with the hens. He is going to come right to me, he knows right where I am and gobbling at me everytime. They are slowly making their way towards me and I am set up perfect for them on a ridge. I hear a crow call and he gobbles, then an owl hoot, another crow call, and he is gobbling at it all and the calling is getting closer. They tried every single call and that turkey finally shut up. I give a god awful yelp to sound nothing like a turkey to let them know I am there and they had to know it was not a turkey. I keep calling to get their attention and finally see them poke their head over the ridge and the turkeys do too, and that was it.

Everyone is turkey hunter on opening weekend and they will do whatever it takes to shoot a turkey and post a picture of it from shooting one off a limb, to shooting at one at 70 yards, to ruining someone else's hunt. The last weekend is usually the best anyways as the gobblers are out looking for the last of the hens to breed and lots less people.