View Single Post
Old 09-21-2015, 10:26 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,043

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishmaster19 View Post
I'm thinking of getting a "higher end" mallard call. Even thinking of trying a single reed...what's everyone's favorite call and is you preference single or double reed?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I'd stay with the double reeds if that's what you've always blown. It sucks to pay top dollar for a fancy single reed then not be able to run it right away, really hurts lol. I was so upset when I bought my first high end call years ago. It was the original RnT daisy cutter, and I hated it. It wasn't until after that season that I really started practicing with it and got used to the single reed, and now I love it. Now I run that same daisy cutter, paired with the daisy slayer, both singles. I'm biased to the RNT's, but the Alpha 2 is hard to beat for a nice double reed. My little brother has one and if I had to blow a DR that would be it, no doubt (acrylic). A close second for a high end DR is the Zink ATM. Got a buddy that won a wood (cocobolo maybe?) at a Delta banquet last year, and it is hella ducky, but costs a bit more than the RNT. But for about 50 bucks you can get the echo poly/wood timber DR that's really nice. I have one and loved it for the price, but the poly insert got cracked eventually. What calls have you been blowing?