Thread: Pitching rods?
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2016, 02:45 PM
Redfish

Cash: 1,024

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd0144 View Post
Unfortunately not for Powell ...

Ive used them on and off for years so I have gotten somewhat use to their ratings. I find each companys ratings slightly differ.
So when I order I sorta know what im getting in before it arrives.

I use to shop for the cheapest place to buy rods and when they were not what I expected or wanted for that technique I was just stuck with it or sold it for a loss. Now I go in paying full price at TW. When It arrives I wont even take the tags off. If the power or taper don't seem right I stick it right back in the tube and slap the enclosed UPS label they provide on it and get to send it back at no cost and a full refund or exchange.
Just recently I discovered they actually let you fish it for 30 days where you can get on water time with it. As long as it is still in tact and noting bent or soiled heavily they take it back just the same.
I suggest for a rod or brand you have never fished to shop at a place as TW who will work with you till you get what your looking. That way your not shipping back and fourth costing you money or having to be stuck with a rod you don't like and selling for a loss.

Good luck in your search !
I've been a TW customer for a while. I always ordered my kistlers direct or bought used however. It's good to know that TW will work with you on rod exchanges though.