Thread: Fillet knives
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2009, 02:47 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 654

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmoke222000 View Post
The best electric fillet knife out there is the grey & black American Angler! They cost $22 @ academy & are hands down the best! They have a yellow knife that is in a black plastic case for around $35 & a salt water knife that is white & blue in a white case for $44. I have had both of those & they suck compared to the cheap $22 model. Maybe I'm just spoiled though.

I have 2 Mr. Twister Electric Fillet Knives. 1 is a green & yellow Electric Fisherman with regular blades & the other is a blue & white saltwater Pirahna with Pirahna blades. Both sets of blades have only been used once. The Pirahna knife has only been used once & the green & yellow electric fisherman has been used 4 or 5 times. $40 cash takes them both if you are interested!

I have both of these knives. I use the green and yellow one to clean sac a lait and trout and the blue and white one to clean redfish. I cleaned well over 1200 sac a lait this year with the green one(no i didnt catch them all) and it still kicking. the only thing i have a problem with is meat and slime getting between the blades and they stop cutting. I keep a bottle of hot water deep enough to put blades in and turn the knife on and it cleans the knives. I find the blue one to fast of a stroke to clean sac a lait and trout but works wonders on redfish.