View Single Post
Old 02-22-2020, 08:23 AM
Sand Trout

Cash: 429

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald View Post
In your first post?? you said that when you had 2 people in the boat that the engine "bogged" down. It also sound like the prop is fitting loose on the drive shaft. Maybe you should check to be sure the nut that holds the prop on the drive shaft is tight. This nut is supposed to be held "in place" with a cotter pin, so this pin must be removed before the nut can be turned.

Question.... Did the engine bogged down and actually slow down? Or did the engine keep running fast, but the boat slowed down?

If the engine kept running fast, but the boat slowed down I believe your problem is the bushing in the prop. Inside the prop there is a rubber bushing. This rubber bushing has a hole through it that fits over the engine drive shaft. This is a very tight fit, but over time this rubber bushing can ware out and start to slip and the prop does not turn as fast when under a load.

You can take the prop to a shop and they can replace the bushing. I don't know if there is a place near you, but the Prop Shop in Lafayette can to this.

The engine both bogged down and slowed down. Thanks i will take the boat out today and try those things