View Single Post
Old 06-17-2011, 03:13 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829
Question I will Prove why More Boats = Less Fish

Here is what I do know and can prove why the more boats we have on the water = way less trout caught

Its not that the fish are not their , its that they are spooked away and removed from their normal living

This drawing is of real life scene I see almost every Sat or Sun I fish...and NO one likes to fish weekend but everyone does... I have seen this 100 times played over and over

Take the Birds out of fishing and this is what you have

#1 7- Main Reefs that everyone know (even Pilgrims)
#2 15-16 Reefs that most all guides know and regular fisherman
#3 7-8 Reefs that very few know about and are real low key

Here is a breakdown of ones who fish weekends by %(no birds just reef fishing)

#1 85%
#2 14%
#3 less than 1%

Look at this drawing....Now this reef is holding fish...has been all week and the 3 guide boats have limited out 4 days in a row each with 60 trout by 11am

Ok...Here is what happens Sat...Will use Commissary Pt for example

3 guys fish with a guide on Thur...They go back to work on Fri and tell everyone they hammered the fish on Commissary point.

5 Boats see them catching fish on Thur and 7 see them catching fish on Fri and they all taking to there buddy and say..We saw some guide boats on commissary hammering the fish...

Then someone says this to someone else and by Sat morning you have your 1st wave to Commissary point.....

So the Guide Boats set up on the valley that runs thought the reef like the last few days and start catching fish

Well the 1st wave of boats start to see them so they start trolling closer and picking up a trout here and there as they drift or troll around

Then about 8:30 the pilgrims cant find any birds and the weirs are all full so they see a crap load of boats on Commissary point and think thats where its at...... So they start motoring in and other are cutting them off while everyone watches these 3 boats catch fish.....

Now that all the fish on the reef are spooked by motors running ,lids slamming, trolling up wind while boat slaps water, trolling wide open and anchors getting slung 15feet...

Yet 3 boats seem to be the only ones who are still pulling in a fish are two.....So now all the boats start to squeeze on the boats and then eventually spook all the fish out.

Now the guide knows the fish are not far and probably just moved off the reef or to the edge but knows it pointless to fish this area anymore

So all the boats at 9am have 30-35 trout..... Which is half of what they would of caught any other day....
So then they have to pick and pick to try to fill the limit or come in short!

This is a proven FACT that boats will breed boats and kill the trout bite almost 100% on weekends for the best of the best!

Now most are good enough to go find fish else where and catch but its not long before they are spotted by a Pilgrim and the Pilgrims thinks he has discovered new land and he is right back trolling up wind, slamming lids, running big motor, tossing anchor and thinking what is that guy doing im not...

So on weekend I truly believe there is at least 50% less trout caught per boat than mon-Fri... And Fri is almost getting as bad as Sat.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pilgrim Reef.jpg (82.9 KB, 666 views)