Thread: i-Pilot Pedal
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013, 10:53 PM
Redfish

Cash: 703

I forgot to mention, the newest breed of I pilot out is called I pilot link, it lets you store trolling courses as well. It has a feature called follow the contour. If you're fishing a lake with say a 12' shelf you can program It to stay with that contour. Now I'm not 100% sure about my next statement, but bass pro and a few others are all saying the same thing. 1. This feature requires you have a Humminbird 798 or better, and only Humminbird. You also would need the navionics chip of the lake you're on for this to work. I thought long and hard about ordering mine with this on it but a Navionics chip is about $100 and I think Humminbird names there units after the price tag. A 798 is $700 an 898 is about $898 and a &998 is $1000 or better. So for the money I bought a $40 adapter and stuck with my lowrance. Also Us2 transducer only works in 2d it won't work in 3d. I hope this helps you.

Minkota also makes a quick release bracket for the power drive and terrova. It's $50 for the aluminum version and $100 for the composite. I went aluminum, it's worth EVERY penny. I use my boat with a pop up blind to hunt out of and with the quick release I can have my trolling motor on and off my boat in under a minute.