Thread: Deer Season
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2010, 01:30 PM
Redfish

Cash: 685

Longsidelandry,

Unfortunately no, we did not see any of these brutes from the stand...only on camera. Our land it part of the Haynesville Shale gas deposit and the deer spent more of the season in hiding because of all the survey people on our land every day. I can't tell you how many times I would come to the stands in the afternoon and find survey flags. We harvested only 6 deer last year and they were all does. We have 400 acres and there are only 4 of us that hunt it and nobody saw anything over a spike and does. Not a single mature or even young buck from a stand...rough season. And actually, the one large buck in my last picture is the nicest deer we have seen on our property in years and he was the only one to show himself during daylight even on camera...all the rest are night pictures.

Hopefully this year will be different as they are done surveying and on to drilling wells which means they are only on a very small portion on our property and leave the majority of it alone so the deer are not so nocturnal.

-Jordan