View Single Post
Old 12-27-2013, 07:00 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,275
Default My Little Winter Project

Have been working on my boat some during these winter months, most has been preventative maint stuff.... ie. pulled & rebuilt carb, cleanout, put on new gas lines (both inside the motor and outside (both newer ethanol resistant stuff))

But the original paint job on the boat was starting to look sort of shabby, And the only real complaint i ever had about this boat was that when that aluminum deck got wet it got real slippery.

After a load of internet research decided to follow procedure to use a product called Durabak to coat the insides of the boat, both for safety reasons and for looks.

the attached photos are the process from before to stripping / priming , 1st coat, and 2nd coat.

It was a pretty in depth project and took a good 6 - 7 hours of work time, but for approx 200$ out of pocket cost i think it turned out great. I followed exact recommended procedure from people that had used before and durabak instructions, I hope that i will therefore not have any issues with adhesion, but will update this post in a few months / year to let everyone know how it held up.

Before Pics (after some sanding)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF0298.jpg (94.6 KB, 374 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0300.jpg (39.2 KB, 374 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0301.jpg (55.2 KB, 373 views)