View Single Post
Old 11-13-2017, 02:16 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elbert Chamblee View Post
Well we took the boat out sunday morning and it ran but needs the carbs cleaned and a new switch for the iights. My buddy told him after we drove it that the owner needed to fix everything. I told him he needed to offer less...but he just told the guy to fix everything and gave him a check and said we will transfer the paperwork next weekend. I was trying to get him to wait and make a offer but ???? The seller said it didn't have any major problems but to a guy that can't fix anything it's $$$ I would have waited but he pounced on it like it was a steal. Oh well i tried. I just hope he gets some good use of the boat.
seller said it would run about 52 mph...i told him 40 maybe. I have a mph app on my phone and it said 35 mph with 3 man load.
Better have tropical storm force winds at his back to see 52. If he's happy with it thats all that matters. He probably could have talked him down another 1000 or so though.

Im looking at a 19' Alweld with a 90 yamahammer all 2009 model for $9000, I'm going to offer him a little lower that that and see what happens.