View Single Post
Old 08-07-2013, 09:40 AM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deerfarmer View Post
My 26 year older brother told me he stopped supporting CCA because they did not fight posting of waterways. I have never supported or will I ever support CCA.

Hold on a minute, they didn't stand up for it because they have no dog in this fight. What does Coastal Conservation Association have to do with this? First off, these areas were actual land at one time, and a boat couldn't get to these areas. All of this is PRIVATE PROPERTY. They OWN the land that is directly under that water, the land has been subsiding for many years, but its their property. The only dog in the fight CCA has is to try and get that land back. It was a fight they would not win, and rightfully so. No need to take sides between two groups of sportsmen and divide the base.
As far as navigable waters, this area just recently became 'navigable', it used to be terra firma. The laws for navigable waters are not for hunting/fishing, in other words its not a right to be able to fish/hunt on someone else's property just because its navigable. There was a large lawsuit in N La along the MS River involving a man that would fish Gassoway Lake (private lake) when the river got high. He got arrested numerous times for trespassing on private property. He fought it and eventually the judge sided with the landwoners. You can look at the wording but basically the law states that you can tie up there and moor overnight, dry out nets, etc, but fishing/hunting is not allowed.

If you owned property that was now underwater, I guarantee you that you would want to keep people from entering the rest of your property and would have signs posted up all over teh place, I know I would, because it PRIVATE PROPERTY, whether its under the water or not. There are millions of other acres to fish not behind posted signs.