Thread: 1990 18' Kenner
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2010, 06:59 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,749
Default 1990 18' Kenner

Thinking about buying an 18' Kenner from a guy near my house. He let me take it to my shop last week to go through and check it all out, it had been sitting for a couple years. It has around early '90's 140 Johnson VRO, vro has been taken off and replaced with a regular vacuum fuel pump. I cleaned the carb's real good, checked the compression and put new plugs, fuel and water serperator filter. Ran it but had some trouble with the idle and putting in gear and dying out. Went over it again and found a broken o-ring in the fuel pump, it needs a rebuild for sure, and played with the idle timing and got it to run real good. The boat still has some of the old carpet in it and a small soft spot in front of the console. I brought it back to him after having it for a week and told him I'd let him know, he said it wasn't going anywhere. What to you think guy's worth 1500$??? Mostly the boat just needs alot of TLC, the most money will be trolling motor and GPS. I think this will make me a good beginner bay boat.