View Single Post
Old 12-08-2013, 01:57 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,935

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
Would love to but that's not a Blind its a SOB (stumble on blind). By definition a blind retrieve is one the dog did not see fall and is handled to by the handler generally in the straightest line possible. You can check my stats on entryexpress.net and find that I'm not big into $2 ribbons. Quit years ago and have only played with Gun dogs for the past 13 yrs. my definition of rock dogs; not steady, break on either shot or safety going off, not force fetched and generally a PIA to be in a blind with. If that's not what you have then what's your issue? Do you not agree that hard charging dogs will almost always be the ones who get lost the most? I couldn't pull braquets dog off a cripple last year at 600yds with a 6 high continuous. Maybe you should come over and see for yourself how I build a dog, its about giving them the tools to get the job done.
That's what I thought you have to have a robot dog to have a dog. I guess my dogs are rock dogs because neither is forced fetched but they pick up over 800 birds a year. I don't believe in having collars on the dog at all times you work them either. If you as the handler cant build a trust and relationship with your dog than you don't need to handle them. I cant run my dogs in the ribbon contest cause mine learn to pick up more than one duck on a pass, that's just hunting dogs. Now on the hard charging dogs that's what you trained and that is not good for hunting. Looks good in the field runs but not for rock dogs