View Single Post
Old 07-19-2009, 09:44 PM
Redfish

Cash: 604

Ok here it is. I built my own pop up blind nyself. I used 3/4 inch galvinized pipe. For one cheap pipe will bow in the middle. Then I got some old troll net. I wrapped the troll net around some small pvc pipe and connected it along the railings of ny boat with screws. Then o took the pipe to home depot and used one of their pipe benders to make the corners of my blind. I had them measured how high I wanted the blind off my boat. Also u don't want you railings to hang over the side the boat to much or it will drag in the water. Once I bent my pipes I used small pieces of angle iron the attach at the middle of the bow and on back of boat. Once that was in place I wrapped the troll net from the side the boat up to the frame of my blind. Thw net helps hold the grass out off the boat. Attached a rope from each side of blind to hold up in place witha clip. A good tip with a boat blind is that even though you have a pop up blind extra brush or cover is best. Especially a foot or two over the blind because I find that ducks get a lil cautious of just a plain pop up blild. I always added cover around the bottom of boat at top of blind to break up the outline and to make shadows. The best thing to do is when you find a spot you like make a lil brush pile to pull into and pop up ur blind.