View Single Post
Old 02-19-2018, 08:04 AM
Site Owner/Admin

Cash: 22,201

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBJ View Post
I agree with you regarding the AR-15 but a knife and a Remington 700 were his weapons of choice. "Charles Joseph Whitman (June 24, 1941 ? August 1, 1966) was an American mass murderer who became infamous as the "Texas Tower Sniper." On August 1, 1966, he used knives in the slaying of his mother and wife in their respective homes. He then went to the University of Texas in Austin, where the rampage began. He shot and killed three people inside the university tower. He then went to the tower's 28th-floor observation deck, where he fired at random for some 96 minutes, killing an additional eleven people and wounding thirty-one others before he was shot and killed by two Austin police officers. A total of sixteen people were killed; a 17th victim died 35 years later from injuries sustained in the attack"
Good example and point. At least with a 700 bolt action people can leave and have time to run. As I understand most of the people injured in that shooting were people that came back to see what was going on after hearing gun shots. In today's world where these shootings are more common I would hope folks would run.