View Single Post
Old 09-02-2019, 11:03 AM
Sand Trout

Cash: 594

Guys, I'll tell you that moving to a Facebook group will definitely get more users, more posts, and more engagement.

I did with my website in November 2017 and it has since exploded. Now we have over 15,000 members and more inshore fishing reports for south Louisiana than everybody else put together.

To put that into perspective, Salty Cajun has 11,000+ and its domain name is over ten years old.

Problem is that it's the Wal-Mart of social media, and for every good member you get, you are getting 10 sh*tbirds who need babysitting.

This new internet (social media) has given the village idiot a voice because it's so easy to post on such a platform (FaceCrap).

Fortunately, I have an awesome moderator staff who hammer down on the turds and keep the group full of good content.

But Facebook groups are still lacking.

The search function sucks, there's only one big forum, not subdivided forums like there should be to address the different conversations/needs we have.

The backend isn't that great considering the platform is created/hosted by a multi-billion dollar corporation.

Internet forums are NOT a thing of the past. The truth is that competing for people's attention is much harder than what it used to be.

Platforms like Instagram and Facebook are designed to be addictive. They want to keep you there to see their ads.

All social media did was make it tougher to run a website, but did not replace it. Just look at Tiger Droppings.

Anyway, I swung by for the same reason the OP did, and saw this post.