View Single Post
Old 08-16-2013, 04:53 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clampy View Post
1. Cannabis use is associated with risky sexual behavior in teens.

2. Cannabis use impairs motor control.

3. Nearly every recreational drug represents some degree of impairment when dealing with unexpected emergencies.

No need to debunk these. You said it yourself. Straw man arguments.

Really are these the reasons we need to put other wise law abiding citizens in a cage ?

1. Being a teenager is what causes risky sexual behavior

2. that's the point.

3. And? Far less of a risk than any and I mean ANY other intoxicating substance on earth.

No one is tripping on weed. Believe me I tried. Once you bake it into something and eat it the liver Metabolizes it into a different substance called 11 hydroxy metabolite which is WAY stronger than smoked cannabis and that doesn't make you trip. Closed eye visuals maybe.

Dude i have read that study that says three out of four kids get their marijuana from dispensaries.
And that's all they did was ask them if the ever used medical pot.

From experience I can tell you dealers use " medical" as a sales pitch. So when the kid gets weed from a dealer and he has told him that it was medical Or from a dispensary Of course that's how he is answering the survey.

You could have saved time and said.

" Drugs are bad Mmmmmm Kay !"
Somehow, I doubt your inability to follow careful reasoning, represent it accurately in your reply, or formulate any coherent reply based on reason and evidence are winning over many neutral observers.

You have managed to remind me of Cliff's buffalo theory from Cheer's:

Cliff expounds his "Buffalo Theory" to Norm:

“Well, you see, Norm, it’s like this. A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it’s the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members.

In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Now, as we know, excessive intake of alcohol kills brain cells. But naturally, it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine.

And that, Norm, is why you always feel smarter after a few beers.”

And that, Clampy, is why you always feel smarter after smoking dope!