View Single Post
Old 08-17-2013, 09:44 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Butter View Post
... but to me there are way bigger fish to fry than worry about this, and Louisiana will be the very last one to do this IF in fact it does happen. I don't foresee it happening in this decade though, so why are we even discussing this

I successfully multi-quoted yay me!
Congrats on the multi-quote.

When I accepted a position in as a DoD civilian in Colorado Springs in 2009 (moving from Michigan), my wife and I assessed Colorado as a safe place to live and raise children, largely free from the political correctness and insanity that plagued California and Michigan, and with much recommending it in terms of RKBA, family values, great hunting and fishing, good public schools, etc.

Between 2009 and 2013, we learned that Colorado is on the fast track following California into the abyss. The public schools are out of control in allowing every sort of misbehavior (drugs, cheating, sex, booze, you name it), the local governments regard the US Constitution as obstructing their agendas and use it for toilet paper, the legislature is on the warpath against RKBA, and the voting public legalized marijuana.

If allowed, Louisiana will be slower than most states to legalize cannabis and other dangerous substances. But all three branches of the Federal government are out of control. Those pushing libertine agendas will at first use "states rights" arguments to legalize destructive behaviors in a few states. Next, their strategy shifts to impose legalization of these same destructive behaviors in all 50 states through the abuse of Federal power. It is quite conceivable that within my lifetime, abuse of Federal power may be used for force drug legalization on all 50 states.