View Single Post
Old 08-17-2013, 09:56 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathGeek View Post
I have much more personal experience and direct evidence than you realize with the ability of cannabis and other drugs to ruin people's lives.

If I had anything approaching my experience and evidence regarding the ability of super-sized fries and big macs to ruin lives like recreational drugs, I'd be leading the charge to regulate McDonalds.

Drugs destroy lives.
People's inability to regulate and take responsibility for their consumption is what ruins lives. Just like people kill people, not guns. Your argument is one thy furthers the nanny state, basically people shouldn't be responsible for their poor decisions. We are talking marijuana here, not heroin. And pot doesn't lead to heroin, being a dumba** with no self control leads to heroin.

You had kids in your class that would have been flunkies anyway, don't blame pot. I smoked pot recreationally and am wound pretty dang tight, and am doing well for myself. Do I still smoke? No. Can I every now and then and still maintain my lifestyle? Absolutely!

Tell me all about how many lives alcohol has ruined. Surely not more than pot?????? Yes, next question.