View Single Post
Old 08-17-2013, 12:00 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,275

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathGeek View Post
As a parent, the legalization of cannabis would make it more challenging to raise drug-free children.

As a teacher, more widely available cannabis would make teaching college Calculus and Physics much more challenging. Working at an institution with random drug testing of students would be a definite advantage. Maintaining a level of learning while drug use is on the rise can easily become a bricks without straw situation.

As a citizen, I am concerned about the continued dumbing down of American education, which I see as accelerating rapidly if drug use increases among high school and college students. I do not envision drug users being better informed voters, better able to apply Constitutional principles to practical questions, or more likely to be givers rather than takers. I also do not foresee more intelligent or thoughtful jury decisions.

As a driver, I am concerned that drug legalization will increase the risks of chemically challenged drivers on the road.

As a consumer of medical insurance, I am concerned that drug legalization will drive up my costs.

As a supporter of the right to keep and bear arms, I am concerned that drug legalization will lead to more careless use of firearms by gun owners who are using drugs, and that these incidents will be manipulated to infringe on the rights of drug-free gun owners.

As a former DoD civilian, I am concerned that drug legalization will hinder the recruitment and retention of a drug free fighting force.

As an angler, I do not think the legalization of drugs for oil field and chemical industry workers will reduce the chances of oil spills and other environmental disasters.

As a law abiding resident, I am concerned that drug legalization will hinder the recruitment and retention of drug free law enforcement officers.

The expanded use of recreational and performance enhancing drugs during my lifetime has not been a blessing to my country. As a father, I do not see how legalizing drugs for recreational and performance enhancing uses will leave a better country for my children or my grandchildren.

God bless Louisiana.

God bless Texas.

May they pry our drug laws out of our cold, dead fingers.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh.... where to start...

What will be affected by the legalization of weed. Well for one thing i know that your sense of paranoia is not going to affected by legalization, you already have that covered. As a matter of fact one of the purported side effects of OVERINDULGENCE in weed is a heightened level of paranoia.... Maybe your right MG... we really do need to keep you away from that stuff.

Because you... becoming any more paranoid, and conjecturing any more "chicken little sky is falling" fallacies.... man, now that's a scary thought!