Thread: Crabbing ?
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2013, 12:27 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 792

Quote:
Originally Posted by duck enticer View Post
If I had my way I would own a camp in Pecan Island and only fish/shrimp/crab in the afternoons, except during the fall (coldfronts). This weekend there will be a hard outgoing tide in the afternoon, which is generally the case during the summer. Hard outgoing tide late in the afternoon. That is the best time to hammer the Reds, shrimp, and Crabs.

Most people would rather fish/shrimp/crab early in the morning though. Fish by the weather. By the time is going out so is their enthusiasm (myself included). Burnt, energy drained, and hornswaggled by the Horse-flies their is a mass exodus of fisherman around 1:00-3:00.

Fortunately it looks like there will be some incoming tide in the morning this weekend, so you might be alright.

Long story short moving tide = good no tide = bad.

Speaking in particulars I have a friend that went to the mudhole the other day and said the alligators were horrendous. She said as soon as that bait went in the water the lizards were swimming toward the bait.

I'm going out there tomorrow (in the morning). If I do anything I'll report back. Good luck.
Do you use the Mermentau tide info? If so, how much do you add or subtract for JH?