Thread: Duck Leases
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2009, 10:25 AM
Flounder

Cash: 650

I agreee with rice field leases....i have had some high dollar ones over the years in the Kaplan Gueydan areas. up to 10,000 a lease. Let them all go about 4 years ago. Just not worth the hunt anymore not producing at al. Our family owns a lot of marsh land in SWLA around the Vinton area and south. For years as a kid growning up you could pick and choose every duck you shot. Now you can hunt for two days and not see a limit of birds flying around. Its really sad situation. Got to hunt in Southeast Arkansas just north of the Louisiana line about 5 miles. It reminded me of being a kid all over again. Tons of birds every hunt...limits and limits of geese. Got to also hunt some flooded timber in the area and I got tired of seeing greenheads by the end of the week. Its just crazy how all those birds dont make there way down this far anymore. I have heard it all from DU short stopping to it dont get cold enough quick enought to push them down but simple fact is those places up north are putting in the time and MONEY to make it happen in there areas.