View Single Post
Old 04-08-2019, 07:33 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerhead View Post
I've seen the freeze mentioned more than once, but I haven't seen anyone corroborate this theory with eyewitness testimony. I'm not saying it didn't happen, and it is certainly a plausible theory, but did anyone see evidence? If you have a major fish kill, you typically find lots of dead fish. Maybe someone talked about it and I just missed it? Or was it so cold that no one got out on the water, even LDWF, in time to witness the kill?

I read an article years ago (I believe it was in an old GCCA publication maybe?) that said Big Lake was not very susceptible to fish kills from freezing weather because the fish had quick and easy access to the deep waters of the ship channel. According to the article, fish kills happen primarily in back bays, far from deep water. So I don't know.

Well for one
I don?t know who would ever attempt to go on the water after that big freeze .
Because we didn?t have much left in lake and dead fish in cold wasters will sink before they float .
Also during the hard winter your birds have slim to no pickings.
I would think any fish that popped up were gone in hours by pelicans .

I know lots of reds died behind weirs because I saw those pics but fish didn?t start surfacing back there until a week after sub temps.

This spring has been the best in last few years for sure

2016 was last great spring we had

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk