Thread: Pitching rods?
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2016, 01:13 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,043

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy123 View Post
After viewing the thread on pitching baits I thought I would ask about what rods you other guys were fishing with. Pitching is one of the biggest aspects of my bass fishing game and I have been looking at getting one or two new rods. I have always just repurposed rods for pitching, using 7' heavy fast, or med/heavy 6'9-7' rods. I know I should be using something more dedicated. I was looking at the castaway skeleton 7'8"heavy pitching rod and I'm open to suggestions. I want a rod with more of a moderate tip for accuracy. I have had great luck with kistlers but I'm not wanting to spend 300 plus right now. Its primarily gonna be a pitching rod.
I wouldn't go with anything longer than the 7'8 you're talking about unless you're wanting to just punch grass. Those long rods are hard to maneuver if you're in close quarters. I usually only use abu rods but my brother got us both a 7'8 okuma for big swimbaits and I actually started using it to flip anything heavier than 1/2 oz. It's a frigin broom stick, but until I flipped and did nothing else for a full day 2 weeks ago with it, I didn't realize how heavy it was. My wrist was killing me. I've got a 7'3 heavy action vendetta that works great that I'll switch back to next time I go. And they're only 80 bucks