View Single Post
Old 08-11-2014, 08:45 AM
Redfish

Cash: 2,950
Default Season Dates

I agree there should be a longer split (At least one weekend) for the speck hunters and more than likley opening one week later than normal propably won't make much difference one way or another, I personally am just happy that we all still have the opportunity to enjoy our sport. Maybe we can't all agree which date the season should start and end, but I think we all can agree that we are indeen fortunate to have 60 days & 6 birds for ducks no matter when the season starts and ends (Even longer for Geese). Believe me when I tell you, we just may see a day when we will no longer be allowed to participate in this pleasure. Things are a changin' and it's not for the better. It's Ok to debate and argue and I understand both points, the bottom line is we do still have a season to enjoy, so let's do so while we still are able to. Suport every orginization that supports waterfowling and the right to bear arms. Continue ethical hunting practices, intorduce someone new to the sport, and do not give any of the bureaucrats any ammunition to use against us. The government does not give a rats @$$ if we have a waterfowl season or not. They have another agenda. It is (ALWAYS) going to be up to us to ensure we still have this simple pleasure we call waterfowl hunting. Keep in mind, there are bigger fish to fry here. Ok, I'm off my soap box, Next!!!