View Single Post
Old 12-17-2015, 07:18 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 959

Ok, we got alot done in the last two days. Yesterday we decided to start building the gunnel frame. One of my friends that you see in some of our night photos, came by and brought me out to see some gunnels he built out of foam on a different boat. His used a LOT less braces than we used on the 28. I jumped up and down on his border, and satisfied, we decided to go with less braces on this one as well. So this is a mid process shot on building the braces:

And we did both sides. We started by copying the hull onto the foam and then cutting it out the same width to make the inside rail of the gunnel, and then cut some foam piece for the connecting pieces and then glassed it all together. With that done quickly, we roughly cut some foam and stuck it to the top with cabosil and resin and right now it's screwed down, but the screws will come out. We put a 2 by 2 in the corner to screw everything together with and that will come out. The cuts on the top are all a little bit big, but since there is no glass, it'll be easy to fair up with a 3 foot board and 36 grit. We're going to do all the screw holes and any other filler before we glass it, so it'll be pretty solid. We have the whole thing glassed on the bottom already. This is what we have got so far:

And with that drying, the guys wanted to cut the transom piece. I thought we should wait, but I was in the minority and I let the guys have their way. They are wanting to do the top part and use the tape measure and boards to hold it in place until it dries. I'm still waiting on the steering piston so we can't do the back floor yet, but once the floor is in, they finish out the live well. I'm sure they'll figure it out.

And then the tank also came in. This is where it goes:

We still have to build another sub floor for the tank so it gets 100 percent support on the bottom, so this is just a rough in. I have 3 inches of drop towards the pickup, and the vent is on the high side, so I think it should work out great. Tomorrow we are going to sand the borders and fair them up and then glass the borders on top, hopefully. Then Saturday we should paint the boat and I plan on fishing it Sunday