View Single Post
Old 11-16-2011, 10:00 AM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUCKGOGETTER View Post
okay you didn't really word your post like that it's all good. I learned my lesson and will pick them up after every hunt. It's just a shame that i have to do that.
It really is a shame, the new duck "hunters" these days suck, and have never been taught the right way. Last year opening day 2nd split, I hunted an area and there were 5 or 6 people on one end of the beaver pond I was hunting and they were doing lots of shooting, having a good time, we respected each other, and if ducks were coming to us, they would be quiet and vice versa. We got back to our truck and headed down the road and two 17 year olds were coming out the woods. I asked them how they were doing and they said they only killed a hooded merganser, but they were about to go scout the area that all that shooting was coming from. I said that is a group of people that hunt there all the time and they will likely be back in the morning, they said 'not if we get there first'. I tried very calmly to tell them this was not very sportsmanlike and there were plenty of other places to go, but they were not very cooperative. Unfortunately this is what duck hunting has become. A thief is a thief though, and anyone that would steal decoys from a private lease should be...well..