View Single Post
Old 07-12-2018, 10:00 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 6,228
Default 7-10 Houston river 7-12-18 Calcasieu River.

Both our terrible muddy conditions. Fished from 6-to about 930-10 on both trips and caught one Crappie. Man that's a lot of terrible water. From white oak down then up to westfork and then Houston river. Chocolate milk!! Everyone is complaining about the mud and sediment killing the oyster reefs and hurting saltwater fishing and I believe part of the problem starts way up here. Everyone talks about how it was back in the day but it was normalcy every year , year in , and year out old town bay on Calcasieu this time of year u could see 3-4 feet. Now ur lucky when it gets 6". Something is different. It would be clear up to end of march or so then muddy up thru April and May when they drained the rice fields then clear by June and really really clear by August. Does not happen anymore and it sucks! Next trip will have to be above Serpent to find clean water. Or maybe start saltwater fishing again. Got caught in thunderstorm this am or I would of went above Serpent today. Can't get em all the time. Also I could of swore I saw a carp jump taking a cut from main river in to old town bay and I sure hope it was a mullet. Looked like a carp to me though and would be the first I seen on Calcasieu if it was. Good luck all. Hopefully starts to clear soon