Thread: V Bay 10-20-18
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2018, 01:07 PM
Redfish

Cash: 1,000

ARe you talking to me? or randomly putting it out there. Its October. Everyone knows the trout are in. If all you fish are the cove and the docks or the trashpile or hammock then you have the right to get mad at the "community holes." There are 30-40 spots in that area that all hold fish. No one is talking about holes, flats, or rubbish piles that are found through hard work and trial and error. But this is fishing reports site. So since I get to go out 1x a week maybe if lucky for 3-5 times in the fall. I want to know if people are catching and do it. There will be 50 boats cuz its the fall. ITs not a secret. Dont be a jerk and try to hog all of your community holes. If I caught my limit and Im leaving and a guy is going out,I'll tell them to hit that spot with what lure, so he has luck. That guy is taking off work too or using a time away from family or with family/friends. Do I share my secret spots, no? but I also dont only go out at dawn to leave for 10. Fish bite all day during tidal movement. A fisherman will catch fish if there are 0 or 50 people out. I dont like fishing the cove cuz its being covered. So I go to my spots, share knowledge with friends and bring home fish.

But I agree the stupid is out there. Especially the etiquette level. Avoid those jackos and its a great day in the water. Limited or came close the last 3 times I went out but worked for it.

But yes I will report on here each time I go out and make friends since when I started 8 years ago on the bay it was folks on here whom I learned from to learn the area and get me started. Especially since I only get to fish 8-10 a year if I am lucky. Anyways. Plenty of fish to share. Man the whole, "dont tell anyone that known community holes have fish" is just dumb.